my visit to Havui: the village that inspired this blog
On my visit to Havui, my mother's adopted hometown last weekend, I had the rare privilege of enjoying a 20 minute boat ride from Anyanui to the village and I should say it was a marvelous experience. The mere sight of beautiful mangrove was enough to make my day. Seeing fishes, the numerous crabs and beautiful coconut plantations across the coast of the Volta River, I decided I would visit the place regularly. Well, it actually inspired this blog too.
The people are nice and accommodating. The coconut is delicious and the akple and agbame tadi with akpa is hot and nice (akple is a staple prepared from corn and cassava, agbame tadi is hot pepper and akpa is tilapia fish). The music is melodious and the dance is agbadza. A bit of that is in the video below. More later!
Havui, which we like to call Hawaii is a remote village near Sogakofe in the South Tongu district of the Volta Region.
No comments:
Post a Comment